Print Advertisement Policy
All rates are subject to change upon notice from GEN Publishing, Inc. GEN Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to hold advertisers and/or their advertising agency jointly and severally liable for such monies that are due and payable to GEN. The advertiser and agency assume all liability for all content (including text, representations, illustrations, graphics, charts, trademarks, or other copyrighted matter) of all material.
- The Publisher reserves the right to reject advertising that it feels is not in keeping with the publication’s standards. All ads submitted for printing must comply with applicable U.S. and International laws, and may not be indecent, obscene, or defamatory.
- The Publisher shall not be responsible or liable for loss of profit, loss of business, or any other consequential damages as a result of any error or omission in or of an advertisement.
- GEN Publishing, Inc. makes no representations as to the accuracy of the content of advertisers’ material.
- Intellectual Property Rights: You retain copyright in your advertisements. By submitting advertisements, however, you hereby grant GEN Publishing, Inc. a worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and transferable license to reproduce the advertisement, including any trademarks therein, and include without limitation in any future archive or database in any medium, now known or later invented. GEN reserves the right to destroy all materials that have been in its custody for at least three months unless the advertiser or agents have given written instructions against it.
- Deadlines: Please refer to this year’s Planning Calendar for ad insertion order and ad material due dates. If ad materials are not received by the ad material due date, a previously run advertisement will be repeated. If no prior advertisement is available, GEN will run a house advertisement and the advertiser will be responsible for the cost of the original insertion order.
- Cancellation Policy: No cancellation, including those sent via fax, will be accepted without written acknowledgement from GEN Publishing, Inc. confirming receipt. Any order canceled after the insertion order deadline stated in this year’s Planning Calendar will incur the full insertion cost. Late delivery of materials may incur forfeiture of space at full cost.
Online and Digital Product Advertising Policy
Website Banner ads
- All banner and keyword positions are sold on first come/first served basis. A signed order is required before an ad can be posted on any GEN Publishing, Inc. site.
- ROS banner ads may be changed once per month at no charge. Additional changes will incur a 15% change fee.
- The Publisher reserves the right to reject advertising that it feels is not in keeping with the website’s standards. All ads submitted for posting must comply with applicable U.S. and International laws, and may not be indecent, obscene, or defamatory.
- The Publisher shall not be responsible or liable for loss of profit, loss of business, or any other consequential damages as a result of any error or omission in or of an advertisement. The Publisher is not liable for any failure or technical issues that limit access to the website.
- GEN Publishing, Inc. makes no representations as to the accuracy of the content of advertisers’ material.
- Advertiser will be invoiced in full upon the commencement of the contract period. Terms net 30 days.
- Material Deadline: Banner materials are due five days prior to campaign start date unless specified otherwise. If banner material is received after scheduled campaign start date, every attempt will be made to achieve impression levels booked, but advertiser is still responsible for payment of full amount of impressions booked for that time frame.
- For CPM orders: If banner material is received after scheduled campaign start date, every attempt will be made to achieve impression levels booked, but advertiser is still responsible for payment of full amount of impressions booked for that time frame.
- For time-based sponsorships: If banner material is received after scheduled campaign start date, the end date shall not be extended unless otherwise agreed to by the publisher.
- GEN may, at their discretion, agree to enter campaign delivery details into third-party or client-controlled tracking platforms, but failure to do so shall not impact campaign fulfillment or billing.
- If there is a discrepancy between the third party and GEN of 10% or less of the total amount of impressions at the end of the campaign, then GEN would still bill in full. Example: If a campaign delivered 100,000 impressions, but the third party only saw 90,000 impressions, GEN would still be paid the amount agreed upon. If the rate of discrepancy is above 10%, GEN will extend the campaign at their discretion to fulfill the contracted amount.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations between 10 and 30 days from the campaign start date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total fee. Cancellations within 10 days of the campaign start date are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
eNewsletters Advertising Policy
- Deadlines: For regularly scheduled eNewsletters, ad material is due five business days prior to the email deployment date unless specified otherwise. For custom eNewsletters, ad material is due 10 days prior to the scheduled email deployment unless otherwise specified. If usable material is not received by the deadline, GEN Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to bill the advertiser for the eNewsletter sponsorships ordered.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations between 10 and 30 days from the email deployment date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total fee. Cancellations within 10 days of email deployment date are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- Change Policy: Changing email sponsorship dates within 30 days of email deployment is subject to a 15% change fee.
Social Media Advertising Policy
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations 10 days or more from the deployment date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total insertion order fee. Cancellations within 10 days of the deployment date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total insertion order fee.
Custom Content Programs
Summits, Webinars, Podcasts, eBooks, Drive, Learning Labs, Perspectives, Roundtables, and Spotlights
- Date Changes: All Custom Content Program live launch dates are subject to change fees. If a date change is requested by the sponsor within 60 days from the stated live launch date shown in the insertion order, a 25% change fee will be applied. If the Sponsor Effective Cancellation Date is less than 60 days prior to the scheduled Event Date, a cancellation fee shall be payable by the Sponsor which is equal to 100%.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations between 10 and 30 days from the campaign start date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total fee. Cancellations within 10 days of the campaign start date are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. Changing email deployment dates within 30 days of originally scheduled date is subject to a 15% change fee.
Third Party Email Blasts
- The Email List User agrees that this Contract grants only the one-time, nonexclusive, nontransferable right to use the List for one email transmission of a message (hereinafter “Dispatch”), the text of which shall be provided by Email List User in advance for GEN Publishing’s express and specific preapproval which may be given or withheld under GEN Publishing’s sole discretion. Email List User warrants and agrees that each Dispatch when provided by Email List User for transmission by GEN Publishing will not contain any data-gathering or depositing device, including but not limited to “cookies” and/or opt-out devices through the Email List User. The Email List User represents, warrants, and covenants that the Dispatch will not contain: (a) any misleading or deceptive information, or any misrepresentation with respect to products or services offered by Email List User or its advertisers; (b) any information, audio, video, graphics, software, or other works in violation of any person’s copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property rights; (c) any deceptive information which would imply affiliation or sponsorship of any entity or person other than Email List. User without the written consent of such entity or person; or (d) any virus, worm, “trojan horse”, or similar contaminating or destructive feature.
Compliance and Commercial Email Laws
- GEN Publishing shall include in the Dispatch in a clear and conspicuous manner, (i) an Opt-Out Mechanism accompanied by GEN Publishing’s standard disclosure regarding the ability to opt-out of future commercial email messages from a sender; and (ii) a disclosure that the email is an advertisement or solicitation. GEN Publishing may include such other disclosures and information it believes are required under applicable law.
- Email List User shall further provide GEN Publishing, together with its Email Nurture Order, a complete and accurate list (“Opt-Out Suppression List”) of all email addresses for which Email List User has received a request not to receive commercial email messages (“Opt-Out Requests”) from Email List User (whether or not such request was provided in connection with a GEN Publishing Dispatch). Email List User represents, warrants, and covenants that the Opt-Out Suppression List is and will be complete and accurate as of the date it is provided.
- Prior to deployment of the Dispatch, GEN Publishing shall suppress (match and eliminate) the applicable Opt-Out Suppression List(s) of all email addresses provided by Email List User in accordance with the preceding paragraph (2).
- GEN Publishing represents, warrants, and covenants that it will treat the Opt-Out Suppression List as confidential information of Email List User and use it only for the purpose of complying with the law. GEN Publishing will purge the Opt-Out Suppression List from its systems within 10 business days following completion of the Dispatch, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the Email List User. However, GEN Publishing may retain copies for record-keeping purposes in accordance with its document-retention policies.
Full third-party terms and conditions available upon request.
- In consideration of GEN Publishing’s undertakings, and the limited license granted to Email List User, herewith, Email List User shall pay GEN Publishing the license fee specified on the Email Nurture Order, with a 5,000-name minimum for each order.
Rates and Payment Terms
- All rates are subject to change upon notice from Publisher.
- Payment terms: all invoicing is NET 30 days.
- Custom products are invoiced at 50% upon receipt of signed DocuSign/Contract and balance of 50% is due on go live date, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- If a customer has a dispute under or related to this agreement and the placement of an advertisement, the situation shall be settled in White Plains, New York, USA, in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgments on the award of the arbitrators may be rendered by any court of competent jurisdiction.