Broadcast Date: May 3rd, 2017
Time: 11:00 am ET, 8:00 am PT, 17:00 CET
Qualification of genomic DNA and cell-free DNA for downstream analytical applications can be achieved by different methods and measurands. The pre-analytical phase includes collection, processing/DNA extraction, and DNA storage. Internal quality assurance of this pre-analytical phase is based on testing the DNA yield, purity, and integrity. External quality assurance of the pre-analytical phase is based on participation in external quality assessment (EQA) programs.
In this GEN webinar, we will learn how the Agilent 4200 TapeStation system can streamline workflows for both internal and external quality assurance. Additionally, the underlying importance for qualifying extracted DNA from various biospecimens will be addressed.
Who Should Attend
- Biobank laboratory managers
- Sample Processing Laboratories managers interested in standardizing DNA and RNA isolation
- QA scientists and researchers working with genomic and cell-free DNA
- Investigators interested in automating genomic sample analysis
You Will Learn
- How the Agilent 4200 TapeStation can aid quality assurance of the pre-analytical phase
- About new assays for the qualification of DNA samples for downstream applications
- About the importance of EQA programs
- How the DNA Integrity Number (DIN) can be applied to determine genomic DNA quality
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Produced with support from:
Fay Betsou, Ph.D.
Chief Scientific Officer,
Integrated BioBank of Luxembourg
Rainer Nitsche, Ph.D.