Ultrasensitive Immunoassays for Translation of Biomarkers from Discovery to the Clinic
- Broadcast Date:
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
1 pm ET, 10 am PT
REGISTRATION IS FREE
Translating basic research into the clinic requires simple, fast, and cost-effective technologies for biomarker screening and identification from disease characterization to drug development.
Singulex’s proprietary single-molecule counting immunoassay technology helps overcome challenges in the translation of protein biomarkers to the clinic. Its improved precision has enabled the measurement of endogenous biomarker concentrations at femtogram levels and precise monitoring over time.
The Singulex Erenna platform uses paramagnetic microparticles as the solid-phase support for immune capture and a digital counting system that detects single molecules as they pass through an interrogation space via capillary flow. This detection system results in a count of discreet detection events above background rather than a sum of total fluorescence including background.
In the webinar, participants will discuss the use of Erenna technology in serial testing of the cardiac biomarker troponin I (cTnI), the standard of care for patients under evaluation for acute coronary syndromes and now employed for the monitoring of chronic cardiovascular disease by the Singulex Clinical Laboratory. Also discussed will be the comparative performance of the Singulex IL-17A research use only Assay to conventional assays for detection of this biomarker in rheumatoid arthritis patients and the validation of this platform for use in clinical trials.
In This Webinar You Will Learn:
- How Erenna technology can improve the sensitivity over conventional ELISA assays by up to three orders of magnitude.
- How Erenna technology can improve quantification of critical low abundance analytes.
- How the Erenna System enables high sensitivity assays, such as cytokine assays, in various matrices.
- How ultrasensitive high definition immunoassays can translate biomarkers into a clinical setting
- How the Erenna System enables flexible and fast assay development.
- How Erenna assays allow low volume consumption enabling multiple measurements.
Who Should Attend
- Biomarker researchers and developers
- Drug developers
- Researchers interested in advances in immunoassay technologies
A live Q&A session will follow the presentations,
offering you a chance to pose questions to our expert panelists.