GEN Exclusives

More »

GEN News Highlights

More »
Jun 18, 2007

Geron Raises Stake in TA Therapeutics Joint Venture

  • Geron has increased its stake in the joint venture entity TA Therapeutics (TAT) from 50% to 75%. The Biotechnology Research Corporation (BRC) of Hong Kong continues to hold the remaining 25% of the shares. TAT conducts R&D on telomerase activator drugs to restore the functional and regenerative capacity of cells.

    “This is an opportune time for Geron, the development and commercial partner in the joint venture, to negotiate for a larger interest in the company," states David J. Earp, Ph.D., Geron's senior vp of business development and TAT director. "The company is now expanding its efforts in preclinical development and working toward the filing of an IND application with the FDA for a small molecule compound for the treatment of HIV/AIDS.”

    TAT reports that it demonstrated that its lead drug candidate can significantly improve the proliferative capacity and anti-viral function of cytotoxic T cells from HIV/AIDS donors.


GEN Jobs powered by connects you directly to employers in pharma, biotech, and the life sciences. View 40 to 50 fresh job postings daily or search for employment opportunities including those in R&D, clinical research, QA/QC, biomanufacturing, and regulatory affairs.
More »

Be sure to take the GEN Poll

The Triple Package and Success

One theory for explaining “success," put forward by Amy Chua Jed Rubenfeld, posits cultural traits such as a superiority complex, personal insecurity and impulse control. Union College professors Joshua Hart and Christopher Chabris counter that intelligence, conscientiousness, and economic advantage are the most likely elements of success, regardless of ethnicity. Do you think that Hart-Chabris make a better argument for achieving success than the Chua-Rubenfeld theory?

More »