Systems Biology Opens New Research Pathways
Systems Biologists Are Attacking the Encrypted Messages That Would Allow Us to Predict and Change the Course of Disease
Individual Tumor Profiling
Has Tumor Molecular Profiling Enabled More Effective and Less Toxic Cancer Treatment?
Top 10 Under 40
Up-and-Coming Stars Shine in Biopharma Research and Business
Podcast: FDA’s New Commissioner Hits the Ground Running
Scott Gottlieb, M.D., Commits to Speeding Up Drug Reviews, and Maintaining Safety and Efficacy
Mitzi Perdue, GEN’s corresponding editor, holds degrees from Harvard and George Washington University. She has authored more than 1,600 newspaper and magazine articles on science R&D and clinical medical applications, as well as on food, agriculture, and the environment. Perdue has a strong understanding of complex scientific and mathematical concepts. For 22 years, she was a syndicated columnist for the Scripps Howard News Service and before that, California’s Capitol News. Perdue is also the author of the newsletter from the professional association, Academy of Women’s Health. She has produced and hosted more than 400 interview shows, often in conjunction with scientists at the University of California at Davis. She is a former Commissioner for the U.S. National Commission on Libraries and Information Science and a former Trustee for the National Health Museum.
More GEN Content From This Contributor
- Feature Articles: Mathematics Transforming Bioresearch
- GEN Exclusives: DuBiotech: The Silicon Valley of Biotechnology
- Feature Articles: The Schadt Equation
- GEN Exclusives: Cori Bargmann Has BRAINs on Her Mind
- GEN Exclusives: Metabolism’s Unexpected Role in Cancer
- GEN Exclusives: Microryza’s New Scientific Funding Model
- GEN Exclusives: Aubrey de Grey: Out to Defy Death
- Feature Articles: Aubrey de Grey: Out to Defy Death
- GEN Exclusives: Is There Life after Life Tech for Greg Lucier?
- GEN Exclusives: Genographic Project Records Global Population Gene Flow over Time
- GEN Exclusives: Medically, Proteomics Advances Will Rival the Genetics Advances of the Last Ten Years
- GEN Exclusives: In Genetic Haystacks, We’re All Needles
- GEN Exclusives: Dr. Victor Dzau Remains Determined to Influence Medicine and People’s Lives
- GEN Exclusives: Palo Alto Longevity Prize Asks if the Aging Code Can Be Cracked?
- GEN Exclusives: Science Legend Dr. Brenda Milner
- Columns: Science Legend Dr. Brenda Milner
- GEN Exclusives: Tackling Mental Illnesses with a Novel Approach
- Columns: Tackling Mental Illnesses with a Novel Approach
- GEN Exclusives: Victoria Hale: Pharmaceutical Pioneer